When it comes to outdoor furniture, there are a variety of materials that can be used. Here is a look at some of the most popular materials.
Wood: Wood is one of the most popular materials used in outdoor furniture. It is durable and has a natural look that can complement any type of décor. There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting wood for outdoor furniture, however. First, it is important to choose a type of wood that is resistant to rot and insect damage. Cedar and teak are two good choices. Second, consider the weight of the furniture. Outdoor furniture can be quite heavy, so if you plan on moving it around often, lighter wood such as bamboo may be a better choice.
Metal: Metal outdoor furniture is also quite popular. It is often more affordable than wood furniture and can be just as durable. There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing metal furniture, however. First, it is important to choose a powder-coated or anodized finish to help protect against rust and corrosion. Second, avoid metal furniture with sharp edges or corners; these can be dangerous if you have small children or pets who may bump into them.
Plastic: Plastic outdoor furniture is becoming increasingly popular because it is very affordable and often quite stylish. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when selecting plastic furniture for your outdoor space. First, plastic chairs and other pieces of furniture can become extremely hot in direct sunlight; so if you live in a sunny climate, choose another material such as wood or metal instead. Second, plastic chairs and other pieces of plastic furniture can fade over time; so if you want your furniture to maintain its original color, avoid placing it in direct sunlight as much as possible.
Caring for your Outdoor Furniture
Outdoor furniture is a great way to add style and comfort to your outdoor space. Here are some tips on how to care for your outdoor furniture so that it will last you for years to come. From protection against the elements to general upkeep, these tips on how to care for your outdoor furniture:
- Protect your furniture from the elements with covers or storage when not in use.
- Regularly clean your furniture with soap and water and dry it off to prevent mildew or dirt buildup.
- Inspect your furniture regularly for any signs of wear and tear, and take action accordingly.
- Be mindful of how you use your furniture so as not to damage it – for example, don’t stand on chairs or lean heavily on tables.
- If you have metal outdoor furniture, make sure to rust-proof it regularly according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- 6 Make sure any cushions or pillows you use are also weather resistant.”
- 7 Take the time every few months to deep clean and condition both metal and wood outdoor furniture according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- 8 Store away any umbrellas or other accessories when not in use
- 9 Enjoy your beautiful outdoor space!